Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Incredible People

And I do not mean this in a positive way. In the wonderful state I live in I think it is amazing just how closed minded people are. Yesterday as I was watching the news (see dad...I do watch it!!) there was a story of a man named David Parker who was arrested for protesting a book that had same sex parents in it. Here are a few of the quotes that really made me upset:

"This is propaganda. This is meant to form things in a child's mind at an early age," said same-sex marriage opponent Brian Camenker, of Article 8 Alliance.

"What I am saying is, because of the same-sex marriage law, people are treating it as a mandate to teach the youngest of children. It is not a mandate to teach the youngest of children, particularly if parents say, 'Hold on, I want to be the gatekeeper of the information. It is not that I don't want my child to ever learn it, it is I want to control the timing and manner,'" Parker said.


I guess the reason this is bothering me so much is because my children seen this their whole lives, and because it is handled so naturally within my family, then they don't see anything strange or different about it.
Maybe they have been lucky to have been exposed to all different kinds of families, but I think all children should see it. I mean come on...we are living in 2005, not 1945. But most importantly, lets remember what is most important...the kids.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Thank you, Megan.
I love you,
Mere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home