Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Friday, June 27, 2008

It sunk in!

I MISS MY BABIES! There, I said it. Maddie and Colin have been gone for over 4 weeks and I am dying! I am counting down the minutes until Tuesday when I am flying to Boston to see them.

Now, anyone who knows anything about me knows that it has been me and them, against the world, for the past 9 years. I don't see their father, so I am not one of the lucky, every other weekend off single parents. Yes, I have always plenty of babysitters if I need them (and lord knows I needed them!!), but I was never away from my babies more than an overnight, or the occational weekend. Which always seemed like just long enough for all of us. By the time I saw them we missed eachother just enough to be happy to see eachother, but not enough to cause tears and distress.

Well, last summer was the ultimate test for the three of us. My dad and I came down to florida for two weeks so I could get everything set up for me and the babies. I had only two weeks to find a place to live, get a job, and somewhat learn my way around before I came down here by myself with the babies. Well, needless to say, since I had Bob Jones with me, we got it ALL done four days before we had to go home. But, I was missing the babies one week into that trip, and when we finally got home, my mom couldn't get to airport fast enough, and when she did, I couldn't keep my hands off my babies I missed them so much. I had no idea how much my heart was going to hurt being away from them for two whole weeks.

Well, when my parents asked me about taking the kids for the summer up north for the summer, I thought that it would be good for them and for me. I wouldn't have to worry about child care, and I would be able to work my ass off. Well, I had NO idea how much I would miss them or how lonely I would be. Sure, at first I was nice to sleep late, go where I wanted, when I wanted, without the constant "can I get this?", but now, after all this time, I am dying! And the teary phone calls from them arn't helping. I know that they have been having a blast seeing thier cousins. aunts, uncles, and friends they haven't seen all year, and that makes me feel better, but I am still missing them so much that I am ok with taking a plane (which everyone knows how much I hate that) just to hug and kiss them.

I know that the week I spend up north is going to go by too quickly, but I am hoping that it will help all of us get through the rest of the summer. I can honestly say that I had no idea how much I would miss them, but I find piece of mind knowing that they are having the time of thier lives!

I love and miss you Maddie and Colin!

-Meg

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Maddie said...

I love you and miss you too mama and I can't wait to see you in a few days.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Maddie said...

And your babies miss you too. I love you mama

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Jess said...

You can do it!!!! I'm glad you are getting to love and hug your babies this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home