Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Big Win!!

I am a person that never wins. I scratch tickets every now and then, and only one out of 100 times, I win, and usually win $2.00! I will always buy raffle tickets, or any other kind of chance that people are selling, but I still will never have the winning ticket. In fact, on a recent scrapbooking weekend, there were about 500 chances to win, and even though just about every person I was with won something, my name was never called. But all that changed yesterday morning.
I was on my way home from work, and in such a daze that that the radio was just a buzz that was blending into the sound of the engine. At a red light, a point in my driving I was forced to pay attention, I heard the D.J. announce that the "mega-mix" was coming up and the "25th caller would win tickets to summer jam" (a concert being held by the radio station". So I grabbed my phone and decieded that would be an easy way to keep me from falling asleep, and waited...all the time figuring that I would never win.
Well, then the mix came on...I dialed the number...and it started to ring (now two or three years ago this would be a good sign, but now the phone always rings, but an annoying recording comes and says that all circuts are busy)...and after the third ring, there was no recording, and somebody picked up. Well, needless to say, I didn't know what to say because it was not what I was expecting. I started to yell like a crazy person, and I was told that I may not be the winner, but to hold on the line, and NO SWEARING!! So I waited, and waited and waited until I heard the D.J. say "Megan, your the winner!!". I couldn't belive it I was the THE BIG WINNER!!
The funniest part about it was that Brandy heard the whole thing as it was happening. She called and said "I knew I recognized that voice!"
Needless to say, it set the mood for the rest of the day, and started the week off right, and lord knows I am in desperate need for a good week!
Well, June 4th is the big day, and I can't wait. Even if the concert sucks, at least I didn't have to pay for the tickets!

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Yay for you! Hope you have a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home