Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I did it!

Well, yesterday was the day that I have been dreading for a few weeks now...whether or not I was going to leave my job. After drastic hour cuts at my work, I had decided that if hours weren't brought back up, I was going to give my letter of resignation. Yesterday was the big day and I was ready. I had my letter written, printed, copies made, and sealed in envelopes and ready to go. Needless to say I was nervous, but the outcome was not what I had expected....They took the letter of resignation and said they were sorry to see me go.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now, my self esteem about a lot of things in my life is not very high, but when it comes to working with kids, I know I am VERY good at what I do. I know how to speak to them, how to plan age appropriate activities, how to train other people work with them, and (not to brag) but I just have a way with kids, I always have. My family has always encouraged me to pursue that career because of the way I am with kids. I am not sure if it is because I am kid myself, I just know that it is the one career that I can do so natural and not think about, I am able to just do it. I am not intimidated or afraid I am going to screw up when I am in that setting, I can just be.

So, after being at a job that I was told I was (and I quote) "the best teacher in the room, perhaps even the center" I was pretty shocked that they were not eager to keep me. I know that statement is very self righteous, but I really did not expect them to let me go. Not that I expected them to beg me to stay, but I was at least hoping for some kind of counter offer, but it didn't happen.

I guess its the nature of the beast of child care. I have always been told day care teachers are a dime a dozen and anyone can be replaced. But here is one thing I do know, I will not let this shatter my image of myself. I know that being with kids is where I belong and this is just another learning experience for me.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Yes, don't let this discourage you. You ARE wonderful with kids. Don't worry, God has a plan - you just have to figure it out. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home