Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Monday, November 14, 2005

The poor boy

My poor boy...He is stuck in a house with two chicks, neither of whom know anything about boy stuff. Sure, we can tell him how to dress, make his hair look handsome, or perhaps put on make-up (LOL), but when it comes to boy things, we are both at a loss! This was proven so clear yesterday.

Myself and the kids went to our friends new baby's christening party. I was a little nervous on how the kids would be because they didn't know anybody, but the three of us had a pep talk on the car ride there and I was feeling pretty confident that all would be good. Well we got there and the kids sat down to eat. I could tell Colin was nervous, because he didn't have his full appetite (he did eat good, but not as much as usual), but he seemed ok. Well, my friend then asked him if he wanted to go outside to play football with the boys. Now, anyone who knows my son knows that he goes no place new with out me, but he must have felt ok to go with my friend because he went and never even asked me to go with him.

When Maddie was finished eating (and the girl ate A LOT!) she and I went outside. Well, this is when I realized I need to by the book "raising boys for dummies" because the poor kid had no idea whatsoever how to play football. Sure, he had the running thing down, but as for catching, throwing, or tackling, he didn't have a clue! As I sat there and watched him all I could think was "why didn't I pay attention to my father on one of the thousand occatitions when he tried to explain the game to me, then I could have passed it on to Colin and he could have had a little more of a clue on what he was supposed to be doing.

He did end up getting more of an idea on what to do (with lots of coaching from my friend) and having a great time. And I realized (as well as someone pointed out to me) as sensitive as my son is, he really is all boy and loves to act like one!

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

That's what Auntie is for!

Do a search on bn.com for "raising boys". I've heard really good things about this one: "Raising Boys without Men: How Maverick Moms Are Creating the Next Generation of Exceptional Men" by
Peggy F. Drexler, Linden Gross

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cherry said...

Wow, Colin is so cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home