Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Perfect Man

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
-- Anonymous


What exactly is the perfect man? Tall, dark and handsome or short, light and ugly? Is he bald (naturally or by choice) or is does he have hair down to his waist? Is he quiet or is he the life of the party? Is he strong and can leap buildings in a single bound, or is he the type that would rather talk to someone and not use his fists? Does he want a woman to stay home while he goes out and works, or does he want a woman to work so he can stay home and play Mr. Mom. I don't quite know the answer to this blanket question, but I do know who it would be for me.
First off, I need a man who is going to love not only me, but also my children, after all we are a package deal. If he can't accept all of us, then he is definitely not for me. Next, I need someone who loves what they do for work, and doesn't just do it for the money. Speaking from experience, I would rather be broke and happy than rich and miserable. And lastly, I need someone who is close with their family, that way they are not weirded out or threatened by my relationship with my family.
Now these cover the basics, and to be quite honest, I have a hard time finding these qualities in men. The scary part is that I never get a chance to see if they have the other qualities I am looking for. For example, do they have the same kind of drive as I do so they can be a good role model for my children the way I have always tried to be? Also, can they make me laugh, and can I make them laugh? There is nothing worse than someone who doesn't get my humor..oohh, that is so frustrating!! But lastly, do they know all about me, good and bad, and still want to be with me and my children?
I have yet to have the chance to get the answer to this question because the men I meet either run when they find out I have kids, or only want one thing, and I am not willing to give it up, so they move onto the next person!
So, this basically leaves me with only one thing to do..I (have to) believe that this person exists and is out there, but until then, I will not fret or become obsessed with finding him, I will live my life and wait patiently for my "Perfect Man"

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

He's out there somewhere, Megan! Oh and what about looking good in jeans? You didn't mention that one. LOL!
Mere

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Umm.... time to write in your blog again!!

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home