Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mothers and Sons

"A son is a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life"

I remember my mother saying this to me when my friend was pregnant with her second son and I couldn't understand why she wanted a girl so bad. I actually thought it was a terrible thing that she wasn't just happy that her baby was healthy. Since then I have heard many women say that they're third or fouth baby was their try for a girl and I can't seem to understand why. I feel the same when I hear of women having three or four girls and never having a disire for a son. Maybe its the fact that I am a single mother, or maybe its that he is the only boy in the house, but I can't ever see my boy not being a mama's boy for the rest of his life.
My boy is the epitome of a "Mama's Boy". There is an ongoing joke that if his head could be surgically attached to my ass, it would be. If I am the only one sitting on the couch, then he will come right over to me and sit on my lap (and he is 65 lbs now!). When the s**t hits the fan, than I am the only one who can calm him down, and make him feel alright.
I feel that the ultimate attachment is the drop off's we go through and his ongoing separation anxiety. Here is a kid that has been in some kind of school for the past five and a half years, and he still gets teary when I drop him off at school, at the babysitters or wherever. I am always called back for one more kiss and hug and I love you. It still breaks my heart everytime.
I will sometimes sit and think about a reality that may come true one day....getting pregnant again and having another son. I think that he would be so heart broken that it may make his attachment even worse (even if he is eighteen when it happens!).
The one thing I do know is that he is my boy, and he will be for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home