Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Job Interviews

Well, after finding what I thought was to be my dream job, it has now turned into the job from hell. I love what I do, and I love my kids, but because it is such a small center, and enrollment is down, then hours have been getting cut. Being a single mother I am not able to survive on what I am currently making (I was barely surviving before). I could pick up hours at the hospital, but then that involves getting a sitter, paying them, etc. What is a girl to do....Look for a new job and start going on job interview!!!

I hate job interviews, for so many reasons and on so many levels. I get so nervous and the whole time I am worrying I am saying the right thing, am I laughing at the right jokes, and do I have something stuck in my teeth! Then there is the obvious, does my breath stink, did I put on enough deodorant, and did I put on too much perfume...and if I did are they about to pass out or do they like it. Then I am wondering I they are impressed by my experience or am the the exact opposite of what they are looking for?!

Then there is the result of me watching too many news shows on statistics on job interviews....They tend to hire thin women over overweight women. I have seen it on 20/20, dateline, 60 minutes, and probably six other shows. Now, obviously there are exceptions to this statistic ( I have gotten jobs in my life), but that is still in my head everything I walk into an interview, "Am I not going to get this job because I love to eat French fries!!".

I am such a stress ball about little things like this, and although I should not be that afraid at these interviews, but I always am and probably always will. I just have to remember that if I am meant to get the job, than I will get it. If I don't get it, then it wasn't meant to be and if nothing else, I at least got practice on what NOT to do at an interview!!

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Cherry said...

thats a good way 2 look at things like that. if u aren't hired...than it obviously wasnt meant to be. you shouldn't stress over it. theres most defiantly a job out there for you. and you'll find it..

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home