Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Little Bastard's mom

I actually wanted to post this one yesterday, but decided against it. And today was a quiet day, so I figured that there was a great canidate for today, because I am still hating her.

So, here is what happened. A few days ago, Colin tells me how his friend is having a birthday party in a few weeks. Now this is a friend that isn't in his class, but I hear Colin talk about him when he tells me about who he plays with at school. Well, after informing me about the party, I found out that Colin wasn't invited. So I said "Well, maybe only the boys in his class were invited". Colin them informed me that a few boys from his class were invited; the other boys I hear about Colin playing with.

My heart broke for my son at that very moment. My mother always had a rule that we either invited all the girls, the whole class, or no party. And to be honest, I always hated that rule because I didn't like all the girls in my class and it killed me to have to invite those girls, but I wanted a party so I went along with it. This is the rule I have with my kids, and I thought all parents had. Now, fast forward to the 6th grade, and Lisa Watson had a party and didn't invite me, and we were friends! I am 31 years old and I remember that feeling, so I know how he feels. All I could say was that thank god we have another party to go to that day (thanks Julie) so he was cool with it. In fact, he would rather go the party we are going to then the other one. So, I just let it go and that was that.

But, here is the real kicker of the situation, and what earned this mom a place on my list. Maddie started talking about this boys party last year, and then it all came back to me. Take this situation and the same child, but replace Maddie with Colin. I remember Maddie telling me about this really fun party that she didn't get invited to. Now, if it was only boys, it would have been easier to explain to her, except girls were invited too, namely Maddie's two best friends.

Now, I have my own thoughts on why my babies weren't invited, but I will keep them to myself for now. But here is my "Final thought" on the subject; I want you all (all 4 of you!!), if you have kids, or when you have kids and the birthday party situation comes up, just remember the time you didn't get invited to a party, and the fact you still remember it was, and just think about that other child that doesn't get invited, and I will guarantee that you will not let your child do that to someone else.

Well, that is all for tonight and I may not be back this weekend, so if that happens, have a good weekend and see you all Monday!!
-Meg

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7th grade. Laura Manzi didn't invite me to her halloween barn party. I still remenber.

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This only reaffirms how much I hate everyone equally and thoroughly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home