Me....uncensored!!

Well, thanks to my very computer savy sister Meredith, I decided to create my own blog, for a few resons. 1)I never answer my phone, 2)This is free and 3)I am a busy lady!! So if you want to know whats going on...here is how. ENJOY!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Same Thing

Well, today will be my shitlist. I know some of you have been missing it, so here is a real doozie for all who read....

Here is what happened...I walked into work today (I start my second job at 2pm) and my two of my co-workers, one float and the other is the assistant in my room, were sitting there talking (per usual) as the kids were waking from their naps. I went to grab the daily sheets, as I do every day (even though I am not there all day) and began to fill them out. As I begin, the assistant says to me "Isabelle's mother left you a gift today". So, I picked up the gift and inside was a very nice note and a $25 gift card to bath and body. Needless to say, I was very shocked because I have only been there a few months, and I am only there for a few hours in the afternoon, and I didn't expect such a nice gift.

Well, the look on my face must have said it all, because lazy and lazier were all over me to ask me what I got. That is when it happened, in unison they both responded "We got the same thing!". Not only were they very clearly pissed, but as I started to fill in the daily sheets I had just started, they started speaking in Spanish to eachother. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Now, at first I was pissed, but then I had to really think about the situation. Even though I have only been there 2 months, I know that I have made an impact on the kids as well as parents I see. I always try to say a few words to the parents about their child's day instead of just letting their child run out the door to them. And when it comes to the kids, if they are playing at the table, I will play a game with them, or if they are getting a little crazy, I will sit down and read a book or sing a song or whatever in order to calm them down. I don't just yell at them and get irritated with them (like some people). I know that they think that it is easier for me because I don't get there until 2 (as I have been told), but I spend the whole morning with 10 toddlers as well as all afternoon with 9. So, contrary to popular belief, I do, in fact, put in a whole day.

So, in case you didn't pick up on it, these two co-workers are on today's shit list. Actually, they have been running a close second for a while now, but today they just really pissed me off, so they are number one!!

Have a good night and I hope you all enjoyed..

Meg

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say it again...I hate people!!!!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Pam said...

You gotta love people like that! NOT! ;)
I am glad you got the same as them, you surely deserved it or the mother wouldn't have done it!

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home